#1 Final Outcome; Field

Over the last two weeks I have been preparing my A1 paper for my illustrations, below is an image I took from an article from wales online. The link can be found in the caption.

dowlais-ironworks-in-1870-134237705
Merthyr Tydfil

 I used this image to help me design an industrial scene for the background of my work, I decided I wanted to keep it all greys/blacks and browns to make it seem more nostalgic and historical and also to help differentiate between the past and the present to create a timeline effect as my way of visualising the information I have collated.

documentation
Here is my first stage of my work, I painted each brick individually using watercolours.

documentation4

After doing the first layer in watercolour, I then decided to use acrylic to give the painting more of a colour boost.

documentation3

documentation2

Advertisements

Published by

lilypadx

18 years old, first year fine art student in Cardiff :)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s